Re: OT google chrome OS [was Re: Graphics card recommendation?]

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Tom Horsley wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:15:49 -0400
> Jack Howarth wrote:
>
> > Google has its work cut out for them if their OS is based on
> > linux.
>
> As near as I can tell from reading their blog, they aren't actually
> planning an OS, they are just planning yet another linux distro -
> this one containing only just enough components to run their chrome
> browser and nothing else :-).

  but what's their target market?  if you can install chrome on any
other distro (you can, right?), how exactly do they plan on breaking
into the market, unless they go hard at getting onto netbooks?

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday