Re: Completely confused by VNC packaging in Fedora 10

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
First of all, I was looking for TightVNC, through the wiki I came here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TightVNC which redirects to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TigerVNC

Neither of these are in Fedora 10. That page also talks about XVNC,
which also is not in Fedora 10 as far as i can tell.

I am looking for the server implementation with the best compression
and the ability to share a session.

Where do I go to from here?

On F10:

	vnc-4.1.3-1.fc10.x86_64
	vnc-libs-4.1.3-1.fc10.x86_64
	vnc-server-4.1.3-1.fc10.x86_64
	libvncserver-0.9.1-3.fc10.x86_64

All based on RealVNC, which has been, well, somewhat stagnant for a
while as they seem to be devoting effort to their non-open version.

TigerVNC (formerly TightVNC) is used in Fedora 11, I believe.  At least
it was planned to be used in F11.  My F11 laptop is sitting in the car
right now, so I can't verify.