clone a bootable fedora USB drive?

After a recent hard drive crash on my laptop,
I've been trying to limp along by installing
f11 on a 8GB USB stick.  After an installation
from a live USB stick to another USB stick,
I drove to a local hotspot to update and
yum install some stuff that wasn't on the
live USB.  It took forever to update, not
even counting the download time.  I'm sure
there is a reason, but I was surprised that
the original installation took about 7 minutes
and it took several hours to update that
installation AFTER downloading all of
the updated rpms.

Anyhoo, now that I've spent most of a
day getting the USB stick updated
and configured, I want to clone it to
another USB stick.  I tried a few naive
things like copying directories to the
backup stick, but ran into boot errors
(I think due to different uuids on the
backup sticks partitions).  What is the
right way to clone a fedora installation
on a USB stick to a second stick that
isn't exactly the same size (they are
both 8G, but different models so have
slightly different sizes).