Re: F11 unusable !!!

Le 6/07/09 15:56, Patrick O'Callaghan a écrit :
On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 10:16 +0200, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:

Hi,

I'm desesperate....

Even after updating latest version of kernel, after a few minutes the
fan is starting and my systems hangs up. It is the same in level 1,3 or
5. Starting without acpi make the systems very very very slow (a yum
update kernel took 3 hours...)

Has anyone an idea ???

Sounds like a temperature problem. Perhaps you'd consider adding some
pertinent information, such as:

What hardware is this is happening on?
Are you monitoring system temperature and if so is it normal or high?
Does 'top' show any cpu hogs?
Does the problem also happen on F10 or any other system (e.g. a Live
CD)?

In the past, my noisy fan problems have always been caused by
temperature, caused in turn by dust clogging intakes or even fan motors.

poc

I don' have a lot of time to see this while my system hangs up very quickly. I don't think so because ACPI gives me a temperature of CPU as 40°C, which is normal.
It happened on F10 but only after a long time in a sleep state. In F10, I could work without any problem
I didn't test yet with a Live CD

lm