Re: TRY AGAIN, error running Maple 7 on Fedora 10

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 22:20 -0400, William M. Quarles wrote:
I don't see what the point is of making Linux (i.e. specifically the kernel) reverse-compatible if the GNU distributors (e.g. The Fedora Project) don't allow GNU to be so.

AFAIK Linus refuses to guarantee binary backwards compatibility for the
kernel, to allow him to change APIs when he feels it necessary.

That's not what the Fedora developers told me in the past messages about reverse compatibility in the kernel on this list, but even if that were the case, I've been able to get Maple 7 to work on older versions of Fedora using 2.6 kernels.