Re: Dealing with Fedora's mailing list

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 04:47 +0200, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When I subscribed, I was asked for a user name. This user name appears
> nowhere, just my email address. It seems the user name is just a way to
> make you believe that your email won't be divulged. Since I don't sleep
> well at all these days, I'm quite often absent-minded. So, I went back to
> Fedora's subscription interface in Firefox and, to my surprise, saw that
> Firefox remembered exactly what I had entered, my user name: LuckyDay.
> Well, fortunately, the support here is the best I've ever seen on any
> Linux group. Otherwise, I might not have considered the day so lucky :)

Not sure what your referring to, but there is *no* username used on any
of these mailing lists.  You sign up with the *email* that you want to
use on the mailing list, and *that* is sort of your username.  You can't
use something like username12 or name2notmention as that won't work.

Now, you can go to the options and select "yes" to have your email
hidden when someone (I assume an admin) tries to view the subscribers on
the list.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx