Re: Dealing with Fedora's mailing list

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 04:47 +0200, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If there's anybody here who's in charge of Fedora's mailing lists, I must
> say that the way you're dealing with susbscribers seems dishonest.
>
> When I subscribed, I was asked for a user name. This user name appears
> nowhere, just my email address. It seems the user name is just a way to
> make you believe that your email won't be divulged. Since I don't sleep
> well at all these days, I'm quite often absent-minded. So, I went back to
> Fedora's subscription interface in Firefox and, to my surprise, saw that
> Firefox remembered exactly what I had entered, my user name: LuckyDay.
> Well, fortunately, the support here is the best I've ever seen on any
> Linux group. Otherwise, I might not have considered the day so lucky :)
I am no sure what is bothering you but if you look at the Fedora-list
mail every post contains the name of the poster except yours. I odn't
know why that is. I assume you could enter any name and it would appear.
If spam is the problem employ spam filters. Using spamassassin in
evolution very qwuickly I receive no spam in any folder except my junk
folder.