vmware server 2.0.1 + F11: no network connection between host and guest

Hi,

Is anybody successfully running vmware 2.0.1 on an x86_64 machine?

My guest is a windows XP SP3 machine, firewall off. I have the same problem with a Centos5.x guest and an opensolaris guest.

My problem ist that there's no network connection between host an guest. The behaviour is the same as it is reported here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/204158

summarized: The guest gets an IP-Adress from vmware's dhcpd (no I don't have another dhcpd running), and when trying to connect from the guest to any service of the host machine, the host receives arp requests, answers with arp responses, which on turn oviously do not arrivem as the guest machine continues to send arp request. I've verified this behaviour by tracking the network traffic with wireshark.

It does not work with hostonly networking, nat networking nor with bridged networking.

I should mention, that I had to apply the saarlinux patches, in order to make the vmware kernel modules to compile at all.

Thank you very much

Boris