Re: F11 won't mount audio CDs.

> >> I have recently built two F11
> >> systems, one x86_64 and one i586, and I am
> >> unable play audio CD on both. When I insert an
> audio CD,
> >> nothing happens. I
> >> have no problem playing my audio CDs on my F10
> system.
> >> Mounting data CDs is
> >> no problem.
> >>
> >> In /var/log/messages I see:

> [sr0]
> >> Result: hostbyte=DID_OK
> driverbyte=DRIVER_SENSE,SUGGEST_OK
> [sr0]
> >> Sense Key : Illegal Request [current]
> [sr0] Add.
> >> Sense: Illegal mode for this track
> I/O
> >> error, dev sr0, sector 0
> error on
> >> device sr0, logical block 0
> >>
> >> What can my problem be and how can I diagnose it
> further?
> >>

> > Audio CD's are not to be mounted as they don't have a
> filesystem on them "unless they are also mixed cds with
> video on them", then I understand your point.  Usually
> I see the same messages when I pop in a DVD, however you
> might be given a choice to play it with Rythmbox if you are
> running GNOME or I don't know the KDE default here?
> >
> OK, not mounted then, but somehow accepted by the system
> when they are
> inserted in the CD reader hardware. The problem is that
> they are not
> accepted by F11 even though I have set them to be played by
> some program, in
> casu rhythmbox. So whatever mechanism is meant to recognise
> the audio CD
> does not wake up rhythmbox. Nothing happens, nada.
> Something else may have
> to be tweaked, maybe this authentication scheme but I
> haven't been able to
> find any policy to change.
>
> --
> Erik.
>
> --

Erick,

I learned this from some other kind person on this list, and I hope it helps if you are running GNOME.  Please do the following:

Go to
System ---> Preferences ---> System ---> Authorizations

Scroll to where it says device-access, select
directly access audio players and see if it makes any difference?

Also if you are there already and you can check if the system automatically mounts removable media

storage -->  mount filesystems from removable drives.

Hope this helps in some way.  If not, then hopefully some other kind person has a better solution.

Regards,

Antonio