Re: Advice from users of gParted ??

| From: William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx>

| > Aldo Foot wrote:
| > > I have both the GParted LiveCD[1] and the SystemRescueCD[2]
| > > I have the tendency to use the SystemRescueCD because it starts out
| > > with a text CLI, which is helpful with some very old systems.

| This looks like the solution I want.

Warning: if you have a swap partition on your hard drive, most live
CDs will automatically use it.  This may prevent GParted from doing
some things on the hard drive.

If you have enough RAM, the swap will not be needed.  You can use the
swapoff(8) command to stop the system using swap and then be free to
do those things with GParted.