Re: Preupgrade still not working

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 19:22:33 +0100
Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm puzzled by this comment, which seems to have closed
>
>  Bug 508439 -  preupgrade has "Failed to fetch release info."
>
> ----------------------------------
> This capture shows that preupgrade tries to get the url
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/releases.txt
> and fails with a error from the remote server.
>
> ------- Comment #5 From Ricky Zhou (rzhou@xxxxxxxxxx) 2009-06-28
> 04:50:17 EDT (-) [reply] -------
>
> My apologies, we recently rebuilt some servers and missed that file.
> This should be fixed now, thanks for the report.
> ----------------------------------
>
> I still don't find the above file releases.txt .
> Does anyone?

I plunked that link into ff and immediately brought up the file.  It is
relatively short so I pasted it below.

# Example releases.list.
# The official version is here:
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/releases.txt #
# This file contains a list of available Fedora releases.
# Format is as follows:
#
#[Release Name]
#   - Header for this release. Typically: [Fedora X (Codename)]
#version=FLOAT
#   - Required. Version number for this release.
#stable=BOOL
#   - Optional. Marks a release as stable/final. Defaults to false.
#preupgrade-ok=BOOL
#   - Optional. Marks a release as usable with preupgrade. Defaults to
false. #eol-date=YYYYMMDD
#   - Optional. Gives the date on which the release stops getting
updates. #mirrorlist=URL
#   - Mirrorlist URL for the main repo for this release.
#baseurl=URL
#   - Single URL for the main repo for this release.
#installmirrorlist=URL
#   - Mirrorlist for the *installable tree* for this release
#     (i.e. this address needs an images/ dir and .treeinfo)
#installurl=URL
#   - Single URL for the installable tree.
#
# One of (mirrorlist or baseurl) is required. If those trees do not
contain # boot images (like Fedora 8's Everything tree) then an
installurl or # installmirrorlist is required.

[Rawhide]
# Rawhide is *always* the newest - hence version 999
stable=False
preupgrade-ok=True
version=999
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os

[Fedora 11 (Leonidas)]
stable=True
preupgrade-ok=True
version=11
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-11&arch=$basearch
installmirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/$basearch/os

[Fedora 10 (Cambridge)]
stable=True
preupgrade-ok=True
version=10
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-10&arch=$basearch
installmirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/$basearch/os

# You can't reliably preupgrade to these.
# They're only here so we know when they've gone EOL.

[Fedora 9 (Sulphur)]
stable=True
version=9
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-9&arch=$basearch