Re: State of sound in Linux not so sorry after all

One can remove pulseudio from the startup list (sys>pref>startup), blacklist it (/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf). The place for other commands, is /etc/rc.local (e.g., modprobe snd_seq_midi). I've got audio input to Rosegarden et al. working. No mixer manipulation needed so far. FC10>FC11 seems to have broken DSSI for the time being.