Re: burn dot-files??

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 21:38 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
I've installed Eeebuntu Base to an EeePC 701 and installed Alpine 2.0 (the only mailer I give a shrivelled electron for). I want to add the .pinerc, and the .addressbook that I've been tweaking since before
AOL or the Web; but nothing I can find today by way of a diskburner
seems even to see dot files.

Considering how copying Linux file to essentially a DOS file system on a
CD-ROM, then back to a Linux file system, messes up file permissions, it
might be better to archive up the files you want to copy, and burn the
archive.

I find it really annoying how the default mounting options for CDs,
flash drives, and the like, causes me to end up with executable
permissions on inappropriate files (JPEGs, etc.).

You may do better with ufs or such, but I have been happy creating a file of the right sie, installing a file system, loop mounting it, and copying what I want to it. Then unmount it and burn it as an image (not a file!) and Linux will mount it happily. Use ext2, works well.

I also have someone distributing proprietary info by cryptoloop mounting the file, then proceding as above. They cryptoloop mount the CD and use it that way. Send out price sheet, access code, etc, to machines not network connected for security reasons.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>