Re: Web of Trust (a revolution)

On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 08:24 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> http://www.openca.org/

Though that leaves you with a few problems:

Few clients recognise them as an authority.  If they want to use them,
users have to figure out how to add their root certificate (if they
can).  And that's not just *you*, but the person you want to converse
with.

And even then, that leaves ordinary users with not so trustworthy
trusting (certificates issued without much vetting, and there's users
who have no way to prove who they really are to get a really good
certificate), and users just unthinkingly okaying not so trustable
certificates.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686