Re: weather report applet dead again?

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 11:17 +0200, jamesh0317 wrote:
I am having the same problem as you Bob. I am using the same version
of the gweather-applet.

I've noticed some flakiness as well, but it seems to come and go.
A simple, if inelegant, workaround until the problem is fixed by the
developers/maintainers is to execute "killall gnome-panel" in a
terminal after the wireless network connection is made.

I've just re-selected the location in the applet preferences, and that
seems to re-connect it.

I also have the same problem with the clock weather applet. I check
the box in preferences to "show weather" and "show temperature" but it
never shows.

Did you set the default location in the calendar pop-down?

I'm coming in very late on this thread, but what location is being set by those folks having difficulties with the weather?

I find that if I set my location with my Lat./Long. I don't see the weather, but if I set it by a major city I get some selections suggested and those suggestions I've chosen have worked. Maybe not be the case for all but my very short test failed to find one that didn't work for weather if I selected one of the suggested sites.

Obviously YMMV.

--

~~R