Re: RPMs forward compatibility between releases

Frank Cox wrote, at 03/28/2009 01:24 PM +9:00:
On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 03:18:54 +0100
Kevin Kofler wrote:

But even that will not work with RPMs from Fedora 11 or (in the future)
newer on Fedora 9 or older. Even the SRPMs have the new checksum format
(SHA256 instead of MD5) which requires at least Fedora 10 with updates to
interpret. (It's possible to manually unpack the SRPM using file-roller or
Krusader though, which bypasses the checksum validations.)

I'm hoping that I will continue to be able to compile pdftk on new Fedora
releases.  That's one piece of software that I would really hate to not have
available.

Just noting that while pdftk is not available on F-9, now pdftk is available
on F-10/11.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=2742

Regards,
Mamoru