Re: How to find yum (rpm) duplicate packages?

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

I am unable to find yum/rpm instructions on how to
find/locate duplicate packages that might be on my
system.

Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks!
Dan

Erm...  I don't mean exact duplicates, but packages that
are "left behind" and superseded by new packages. Sometimes
newer packages are installed and older ones are not removed
via the cleanup processes. There are exceptions of course, such
as kernels, which must be removed manually, when desired.

I am basically looking for packages that are no longer needed
when new packages are installed, so that I can reclaim disk space.

Thanks!
Dan

Do you mean those left in your yum cache?  If so, they're in /var/cache/yum/<repo-name>/packages.

yum clean all should clean them up.