Re: kernel source code

David wrote:
On 3/26/2009 12:47 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:

And as a side note, I just pulled a source rpm off rawhide, for kernel
2.6.29-rc8-git and it would unpack due to "MD5 errors" in the install.
Don't know what that's all about,
Rawhide has switched to using SHA256 instead of MD5 everywhere
including
RPM. Details in the stronger hashes feature at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/11/FeatureList

Actually it seems to be signed with a key I don't see, the message is:
  kernel-2.6.29-0.258.rc8.git2.fc11.src.rpm: RSA sha1 (MD5) (PGP) md5
NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: PGP#d22e77f2)

I assume it's a key only in the FC11 release, which isn't in older
systems. A problem for another day, I'm content now that I understand
why it fails.

Yes. Every release has a different key.

Interesting, though, I got that key off the web site for the alpha, and
it's in my personal keyring, some time when I want to spend a lot of
time on something I probably won't use I'll figure out where that key
needs to be, since I don't have a usable FC11 machine (both installed
the alpha but when I do the upgrade they hang solid).

Not critical, the newer kernel seems to use my display no better than
the old.

The key does not go in your personal keyring. It goes in rpm's keyring.

rpm --import </path_of/name_of_key>

why not just download 2.26.29-3.fc10 from koji? i'm pretty sure it has the latest modesetting stuff enabled