Re: Anyone unable to run specifc applications after recent selinux-policy?

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 08:47 -0700, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> I have found the problem and it was nothing to do with selinux policy!
> I had changed my graphics card and monitor and this seems to have messed up
> .gconf and/or .gconfd - I mv'ed these two directories aside and restarted
> gnome - the problematic applications now all work fine again.
>
> Sorry for the noise - I had no idea that gnome could get so messed up and
> then not give any useful messages to say what was going on!
>
> My apologies for wasting time....

Hmm... I don't think it's just your problem. I'm having similar issues.
After the latest update, Emacs refuses to run in X (runs okay in a term
window with "emacs -nw") and Firefox keeps hanging randomly. There
doesn't appear to be any error message at all. If I start Emacs from a
menu pick or a panel button, it displays the "Starting Emacs Text
Editor" application button in the lower panel, but that eventually goes
away and no window appears. If I try to start Emacs from a term window
("emacs"), it just hangs forever. Firefox keeps hanging randomly, too.

"setenforce 0" doesn't seem to help. For whatever reason, "sudo emacs"
works. It's definitely some sort of permission problem. I get no selinux
error that I can see.

Looking in /var/log/secure, the only thing that looks interesting is:

Mar 24 22:35:47 droberts gdm-session-worker[3562]: gnome-keyring-daemon:
couldn'
t lookup keyring component setting: Failed to contact configuration
server; some
 possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for
ORBit, or you
 have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/g
conf/ for information. (Details -  1: Not running within active
session)gnome-ke
yring-daemon: couldn't lookup ssh component setting: Failed to contact
configura
tion server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP
networking
for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gno
me.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Not running
within active
 session)gnome-keyring-daemon: couldn't lookup pkcs11 component setting:
Failed
to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need
to enabl
e TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a
system crash
. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -
1: Not r
unning within active session)

Not sure what to do with that. I have gotten a couple of these messages
since the update.

-- Dave