From: Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: gene.poole@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 03/25/2009 09:34 AM
Subject: Re: Missing Hardware After Update

> I'm now back to my original question, How can I get /dev/sr0 back using my
> updated kernel?

It looks like something in the detection changes has upset your driver so
you probably can't just tweak something and get it back - although if its
slave only on a cable that configuration is completely invalid for ATA
hardware so that might be part of the cause. Needless to say if it worked
before we've not done anything we know about to stop it working.

File a bug, attach the dmesg of both cases to it and include some
hardware info, and if you could ad me to the cc: of the bug as I'm one of
the ATA disk driver maintainers that would be handy.

Alan