computer freezes, disks spin, unhappiness abounds

Hi all,

I have a bunch of HP DC7700, DC7800, and DC7900 computers running F10.

The DC7700s are having trouble - they keep freezing up. The hard disk seems to go to constant activity, and everything else freezes up. Mouse movement works for a while (but clicks are ineffective), but then it too freezes up.

The logs provide no useful info, and I can't log in during the freeze.

Has anyone seen anything similar, or have suggestions for debugging?

This started a few weeks ago. The DC7800s and DC7900s are fine, which suggests some weird hardware-specific kernel issue with the older DC7700s.

- Mike