Re: Speaking of finding printers...

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 08:00 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Is there any way I can convince it to NOT find a printer?
> Some system somewhere claims to have a shared printer on
> it, but it isn't a printer I want to use or even know where
> is located. I'd really like it to not be in the list of
> printers, but the ever so "helpful" software insists
> on finding it because it can.
>
> Is some arcane iptables rule the only way to make this
> printer go away? Anyone have an iptables example to
> achieve that?
In  /etc/cups/client.conf there is a line to set the server name.
Assuming that you are using a different server then the one serving your
unwanted printer that may take care of it. If you are using the same
server you need to find that server and convince its administrator to
alter his configuration file which is more complicated.