F10 Things Breaking

Hi Lugers,

Hi I just joined the mailing list a few minutes ago.. Hope that you can help me. Thanks.

I have been having problems with my Fedora 10 installation recently. I don't know what it is but a hell of a lot of things are breaking. First I installed an upgrade that broke Yum, which I have fixed. Then I installed another update that seems to have broken a number of things....

First my sound is operating at about one tenth the volume of what it used to be. Then my desktop widgets (I'm using KDE) stopped working. I get the following error in a black box where the widgets used to be:

The object could not be created for the following reason:

Could not open the ggl_2 package required for the analog clock widget.

My initial thought was that a library named 'ggl_2' was missing... But I could not find any such library.

Also I recently installed the kooldock which operates similar to a Mac OSX dock. It was working but now when I click on one of the doc items I get the following error:

The program, name or command /home/conor/.kde/share/apps/kooldock/menu/04_internetexplorer6.desktop

cannot be found. Please correct the command or URL and try again.

This is happening for all programs and icons in the dock except the links to already open windows.

I would appreciate if anyone could figure out what the hell is going on because it's really starting to annoy me! I have tried forums but no one seems to know the answer!

Thanks
--
Conor

"If you make a general statement, a programmer says, 'Yes, but...'
while a designer says, 'Yes, and...'"

http://macaoidh.name