Re: Install versus update on kmod-fglrx

Il giorno ven, 20/03/2009 alle 14.37 -0700, Rick Stevens ha scritto:

> The kmod-fglrx stuff sometimes lags behind a kernel release (since it
> has to be built against the new kernel), and all the mirrors may not
> have the kmod yet.  You may have been just unlucky to hit a mirror that
> didn't have both RPMs yet.
>
> If you had waited a couple of days or tried it against a different repo
> mirror, it probably would have worked the first way you did it.  When
> you did it the second time, the mirror you hit had both RPMs and both
> got installed.

Hi Rick,
the problem is not related to mirrors or lag.
I think the problem is related to circular dependencies, because I
downloaded all required packages.

I issued this commands:

yum check-update
 I see that I can install a new kernel and that I can install the new
kmod-fglrx

yum update -y --downloadonly
 I downloaded all I need

yum update kernel \*
 Nothing updated because dependencies problems

yum update kmod-fglrx\*
 Nothing updated because dependencies problems

yum install kmod-fglrx\*
 Ok, and new kernel is installed for dependencies

I don't have the complete log, but next time I will had a kernel update
I will trace all command, to document more the problem (If kmod-fglrx
stuff will not solve the problem).

Bye
 Ambrogio