Re: Maple on Fedora

Dave Feustel wrote, On 03/20/2009 04:47 PM:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:41:17PM +0300, Hiisi wrote:
Has anyone experience using Maple on Fedora?
Any comments?

Thanks.

Maple is not open source (free). It was main argument for me to choose another symbolic arithmetic program - maxima ( maxima.sourceforge.net ). It's brilliant.
--
Hiisi.

I have Maxima, but no hard copy manual. I am looking for a company to
publish the manual as a book to make it easier to read.

Is the Maxima documentation in PDF, or do you know how to get it into that state?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=printing.services++pdf&btnG=Search
http://fedex.com/us/office/copyprint/copy/digital_printing.html?lid=Learnmore_printcopyfinish_digitalprinting
http://www.rushprintingservices.com/
http://www.printrunner.com/

I am not saying it's cheap, just available.

Also had you noticed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_computer_algebra_systems
...wow, it's been a while since I looked for these things, I did not realize there were so many open source ones.

--
Todd Denniston