Re: xfce 4.6.0 for F10

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:05:31 +0000
psmith <johnsmithdoe14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

kevin everything seems to be fine so far with 4.6 on F10 but for one problem, in replacing xfce-mcs-plugin-gsynaptics i can no longer change my touchpad settings with the gui, every time i try to start xfce4-mouse-settings from either the system menu or the xfce4
settings manager i get a segfault,

xfce4-mouse-set[2817]: segfault at 0 ip 0804abc7 sp bfb84680 error 4
in xfce4-mouse-settings[8048000+a000]

yeah. It's likely trying to use the new xinput setup that will be in
place in F11. ;(
this is the only error i've come accross so far, system is an acer aspire one A150

ok.
uname -a
Linux aspire.one 2.6.29-0.53.aao150.rc7.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Fri Mar 6 13:57:19 GMT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

if there's anything you want me to do just let me know, but it's not
a problem as i can use synclient if for any reason i want to change
the touchpad settings

ok. I can look at rebuilding that, but not sure it will work with the
older input setup in f10. ;(
phil

kevin
like i said kevin there's no real problem as i have already setup the touchpad to my liking and i can use synclient to change it if i need to, i just let you know as feedback.

i am really liking the new xfce, little changes like the administration sub menu, and especially the new gconf like settings editor, it even feels snappier in use, though that may just be my imagination lol. xfce 4.6 imho is a big improvement :)

phil