Re: SELinux Preventing Web Access to apcupsd multimon.cgi

Rick Bilonick wrote:
I'm using SELinux set to enforcing. apcaccess works
fine and I can see the output from the ups. I have port 3551 tcp opened
in the firewall (I think I need this to get the connection to the ups)
and have the Apache web server enabled. I can access the web page from
other computers and run multimon.cgi - it displays the table headers but
won't display the ups info. It gives an error:
Not available: upsfetch: tcp-open failed for 127.0.0.1 port 3551

I've checked SELINUX troubleshooter and it's definitely multimon.cgi
interacting with httpd. I tried following what the troubleshooter said
to make a new policy but I cannot get it to work. There is no /tmp/avc
directory. Any ideas on how to fix this?

IIRC, "# setsebool httpd_enable_cgi on" does the trick.