Re: ATI graphics to improve in F11?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 13:52:19 -0400,
  Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Any hope of better support via updates for F10? I hesitate to do another update on my laptops, having just gotten F10 working really well.

Until the 2.6.29 kernel is released probably not. But rc8 might be the
last rc and we might see it released in the next few days.

At that point it could at least happen. Whether or not it will, I don't
know.

Thanks for the update, I would hate to think that FC10 has gone into maintenance mode before FC11 is even out. A kernel upgrade or even driver upgrade would be nice, Fedora kernels aren't usually stock kernel.org anyway, anyone who ever though of building from source and then saw the dozens of patches instead of a usable tarball knows that. Maybe the drivers could go in, because the performance of vesa mode rots, and the stability of the radeon or fglrx drivers leaves much to desire on several of my machines.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>