Re: Evolution throwing away emails for one of my accounts ?

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 22:06 +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
> The *right* place is on the MX, the first computer that receives the
> email, which should never accept emails it thinks are spam. But it’s
> not always practical for end users to insist on this.

I completely agree, and since I don't control the SMTP server, I don't
do it.  My connection to the world is on a dynamic IP, so I won't
attempt to run my own world-accepting SMTP server.  Our local SMTP sends
to the world through the ISP as its smart host.

My host does have cpanel interface for diddling spam assassin, but I've
never liked using their control.  It's too limited, I really hate having
to mess with spam assassin, and I don't know where in the chain they've
inserted it.

My other spam avoidance methods are working well.  I only get about four
a day, so I see no point in fighting with spam assassin for them.  I get
the pleasure of hitting delete, myself.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686