Re: F10 and built-in Intel graphics

Craig White wrote:
On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 19:14 +0000, psmith wrote:
Gordon Messmer wrote:
M A Young wrote:
I recommend that you do a text based install (add text to the boot line), and once you have it installed, boot to a text console (add 3 to the boot line), then add Option "NoAccel" "true" to the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
I'm curious whether it's necessary to disable acceleration entirely, or simply revert to the older XAA method. On my Thinkpad X40, the Intel video driver in F10 had significant problems, where the driver on F9 was fine. I could either use XAA or revert to the older driver to get proper rendering.

I've attached a minimal xorg.conf. I believe you can save it to /etc/X11 to test each of the options individually. Try disabling accel, and then try using XAA (both options are in the file). Let us know what kind of results you get, and then track down one of the bugzilla reports on this subject (I know a few are open) and add your information.

here is the pertinant section of the xorg.conf for my aspire one which has intel gfx, this is on F10 and it works perfectly

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
    Driver      "intel"
    VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
    BoardName   "Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
    VideoRam    229376
    Option        "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,VGA"
    Option        "Clone" "true"
    Option        "AccelMethod" "EXA"
    Option        "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
    Option        "CacheLines" "1980"
    BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection
----
you haven't by any chance figured out how to get LVDS to use a larger
virtual screen - say 1024 x 768 have you? I've been unable to do that on
my Aspire One.

Craig

no sorry craig, i think i remember reading somewhere that the only way to get the "Virtual" setting to work is to pass the "NoAccel" "true" option but i've not tried it

phil