Re: Running a sudo command without a terminal

Geoffrey Leach wrote:
I need to run 'sudo <command>' outside of a terminal (xterm or gnome terminal). For example from Sessions->Startup Programs or the Command Line applet. Seem to me that there is a configuration file option that permits this.

Advice? Thanks.

The option is "requiretty" and you'll need to set to off.  Just comment
out the line:

	Defaults    requiretty

in your /etc/sudoers file by using visudo.