Re: Adding a new graphics card and Fedora 10?

Tim-163 wrote:

> Chances that are that just about any video card will support run level
> 3.  There are some that don't work well, but they're few and far
> between.
>
> You won't need to reboot, after booting up in run level 3 and editing
> xorg.conf.  Simply change up to run level 5 (telinit 5), and see if X
> starts without any user configuration.
>
> If you need to fiddle around, and the system doesn't crash while you're
> fiddling.  You can CTRL ALT F1 (or F2, or F3, etc.) to get back to a
> text screen, telinit 3 to go back down to run level 3, fiddle around
> with xorg, telinit 5 again...  Rinse, lather, repeat.

Yes indeed - I had not thought of that - but in any event I also have to
switch the XP end so rebooting will be needed at some point anyway - but yes
once it is working I can switch between runlevel 3 and 5 as you say and
diddle in between-

I will see how it goes once I have the card and play with the new
hardware...