Hydrogen crashing desktop when opening. F10

As synaptic has been repaired now by an update, I thought that I'd try
installing something to check it out, so installed Hydrogen, and
hydrogen-drumkits, which installed ok without any of the previous md5
missmatch problems.

Anyway, I click on the Hydrogen icon, which opens a page showing info about
Hydrogen, then close that page. Hydrogen's small splash screen is showing the
Hydrogen tries to open, but instantly crashes the F10 desktop, and takes me
to a login screen.

I've just tried it on F10's Gnome desktop, with the same result.

Anyway care to try Hydrogen, and say whether it works ok for them, or they are
getting the same problem as I am?

Other graphical sound apps are working ok (ZynAddSubFX, MhWaveedit, etc).

Thanks.

Nigel.