[Resolved] Re: Boot problem on F8 system

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
I have a Fedora 8 server that I recently ran pre-upgrade on in preparation to moving to Fedora 10. After pre-upgrade ran the server was rebooted and will not start. The symptoms are as follows:

Server boots and detects all disks (it has 6 scsi disks running software raid).

Boot up continues and at the point where Grub should run I get the output:

grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub grub

this goes on forever, filling screen after screen and gradually slows down and down.

Has anyone seen this happen before, or know what might cause it? I can't find any reference via Google

Resolution to this problem:

1. Boot from a Live Spin (I now love Live Spins)

2. Use the Logical Volume instructions here:

   to mount the root and boot partitions then to re-install grub

3. Reboot server and all is well

Thanks to the person who posted the solution in that thread. I figured the steps out myself independently, than stumbled across the thread (typical!). The steps are exactly the same as I used, so I thought that it was worth linking them here.

Now to get on with the F10 upgrade.

Langdon