Re: f10 annoying bugs/enhancements: chooser

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> 2009/3/13 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
>>> What the heck? A clean default installation of Fedora will use GDM -
>>> The default is actually Gnome but not KDE.
>> Depends on the spin. ;-)
>
> Spins are a completely different kettle of fish. That's like me saying
> "KDM is the default" just because the %post scripts in all the
> kickstart files we use makes that the default.
>
> By "Default installation", I meant installation from one of these
> isos: http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/x86_64/iso/
> because, If we're going to be picky, I'm going to claim that all the
> F10 spins are Live CDs from which you can also perform an installation
> - they aren't what I would traditionally represent as "default"
> installs.

Spins can be live or regular images though people who have proposed
spins have chosen to do live images (some are cd's. others are dvd's) ones.

Note that "default" option in http://get.fedoraproject.org is the
desktop live cd and not the Fedora DVD image. In fact, Fedora releases
can be thought of a sample set of spins and the tools are available in
the repository to do your own Fedora, just the way you like it. I kind
of have done that myself.

http://lwn.net/Articles/311650/

Rahul