Re: install issue

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 17:36:29 +0000
Jim Douglas wrote:

> I had been using FC5,6 and 7 on my server.

For server applications, you would probably be better off with Centos.

> I download the Live.iso, verify the install media, screens freeze.  I have to cut the power.
> I download the DVD.iso, verify the install media, screens freeze.  I have to cut the power.

> Why doesn't the FC10 install work?

If it's freezing during the verify phase, then I suspect that you have bad
media.  It isn't verifying, after all.

Perhaps you're using cheap junk cd's?

You might be best off to download the netinstall cd image, which is small, and
boot from that. By default, it will use the Fedora mirrorlist to download the
rest of the operating system as required during the installation.  A
side-effect advantage of this is that you automatically get the latest version
of everything installed, rather than installing the OS off of a static image of
some kind and then downloading the whole thing again when you run your first
update.