Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 61, Issue 49

fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
   9. Re: World TV on F9 (Dave Feustel)

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 18:57 -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > Video is working pretty well for me on f9 now.  I have heard about
> > people watching tv from all over the world on their computers. How do I
> > do that on f9?
> > Yea, video forks fine several fedora versions ago, but many tv cards
> dont, -not due to fedora but tv in/out drivers lack-. If you mean the
> normal video, you can receive pseudo-tv over IP with i.e. Miro. or
> many .tv sites. If you mean video from a video-capture card, you can use
> some apps, like kdetv or mythtv, but they work like your television: you
> need some signal arriving to your computer, an antenna, or cable...
> > Greets!
I have a BT video card, but I am thinking of video signals delivered
directly via internet. It might be necessary to have ntsb, pal and other
decoders to properly display the signals. I don't really know how video
feeds are transmitted over the internet. So far I have only watched
videos from Youtube, Google. But I'd like to get videos from England,
Germany and France for starters.
Hi Dave,

If you get it to work, let me know.... I tried the "On Demand" from Channel 5 in the UK & FR2 from France & both tell me "You can't watch that, you live in Austria" - most unfriendly. (At least my motorised antenna now lets me watch the 6 Nations on FR2, since they went digital!)

I guess one would have to follow the thread on changing one's IP address to something acceptable to the "on demand" service.

Cheers

Dave B