Re: World TV on F9

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 16:34 -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I am thinking of video signals delivered directly via internet. It
> might be necessary to have ntsb, pal and other decoders to properly
> display the signals.

NTSC and PAL, etc., are composite video formats, for analogue video over
wire or RF.  It's not applicable to digital video via file or network.
What some people refer to NTSC or PAL with digital video is simply
something with the same pixel count or frame rate, not really to do with
colour encoding as those terms actually mean.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.