Re: Can jackd and pulseaudio coexist?

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

I am trying to use Rosegarden, and it seems that it requires jackd
in order to run.  Yes I poured over the internet docs but have yet
to understand why using the jack-audio-kit app (qjackctl), jackd
complains that another app is using it and I am guessing it is
pulse-audio?

Anyone know what I need to do?
Is there a HOWTO to get this all working on F10?

Thanks!
Dan

The last I read, jackd and pulseaudio are incompatible. They both want to take over the default device and one or the other gets it. So if you want jackd to work, first do

pulseaudio --kill

do your jackd thing and when you are done

pulseaudio

to restart pulseaudio.