Re: Text editor won't let me edit conf files. How do I?

phil wrote:
Kevin Kofler wrote:
Rangeen Basu wrote:
you can also use this command:

su -c 'gedit /etc/your_file.conf'
Password:

Using su with GUI apps can lead to X11 sockets and the like getting wrong
permissions and screwing up that user's configuration. YMMV.

        Kevin Kofler

hence my total confusion as to why fedora no longer ships gksu??

Fedora has never shipped gksu ever. Applications in Fedora uses either consolehelper or policykit. You might try beesu instead.

Rahul