Re: What are these yum plugins for ? (kmod-nvidia related)

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:47:54AM -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> What are the following yum plugins for ?
>
> downloadonly, kmdl, priorities, refresh-packagekit
>
> Could any of them interfere with my ability to "see" (ie yum list) the
> most recent kmod-nvidia package ?

kmdl is the plugin to make sure that future kernel updates will pull
in kmdl updates of kmdls you have installed. While there are nvidia
kmdls (which I highly recommend over kmods, but as a kmdl packager I
guess I count as biased ;) this plugin does not filter away anything.

Neither should the other plugins do, but at the very end you will only
know for sure if you start disabling them one by one. Edit

/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/*.conf

and set

enabled=0

to disable the plugin(s) and try again.