Re: Laptop: Hard drive wakes up every 5-10 seconds

Roberto Ragusa wrote:
btrace will dump all disk activity, PID number is in column number 5.

Looks like it was xfsbufd writing unnecessarily. By default, xfsbufd_centisecs is set to 100. I changed it to 1500. Now pdflush wakes up every 15 seconds, and xfssyncd wakes up every 30 seconds (default setting). No programs were causing these wakeups. btrace only showed "pdflush," "xfsbufd," and "xfssyncd" as the processes responsible.

Any way to get pdflush and/or xfssyncd to shut up or am I stuck with them?