Re: NM: the usual rant

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:28:50 -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> I agree that whatever a process can send to a system log, for purposes
> of error output, the better. If a URL could be supplied by a log message
> pointing to a resource that can help explain the meaning of the exact
> error code, that would be a great help too, because it saves the
> technician's time in tracking down the error.
>
> Speaking as someone who fixes other people's computers for money,  I
> wish that "regular users" of every flavor would get accustomed to
> looking at log messages. Or at least email them to me on request. Doing
> so could save both of us a lot of time and money. I wouldn't have to
> charge so much, and my time is conserved for focusing on the really
> tough issues.
	[snipperoo]

	If that spelling of your surname means you're related to the
great Emory E Cochran who wrote a Practical German Review Grammar, then
Sir, you are a worthy descendant, and if there's an afterlife he must be
proud of you. Fine draftsmanship, fine voice of experience; I
congratulate you -- and  hope you stay on the Fedora list.