Re: NM: the usual rant

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Speaking as someone who fixes other people's computers for money,  I
> wish that "regular users" of every flavor would get accustomed to
> looking at log messages. Or at least email them to me on request.

I agree that it's great if users look at logs and send them to
technicians when appropriate.  My point is just that if they don't
understand them, don't want to look them up, and don't want to report
the issue to someone who will, then they should just ignore the logs and
stop complaining.

> I don't really draw any line between a "regular user" and someone with
> perhaps additional skills or training.

I agree that such a dichotomy is not necessary.

> So the more log output pertinent to an error, the better.

Exactly.

Matt Flaschen