Re: NM: the usual rant

> Didn't I agree NM was a nightmare?  But your problem is not NM.  Your
> problem is you don't have a realistic view of software development
> practices.

If you want to look at poor practice then gdm is a far better example -
that *used* to be a usable piece of software then it got "improved" and
nobody bothered to finish the job and make the UI configurable or remote
management configurable by mere mortals.

Network Manager at least goes in a forward direction but horribly slowly
- especially considering the Nokia maemo devices shipped with equivalent
  functionality to that aspired to by NM and has done so for years now.