Re: Sharing yum between several machines

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 00:14:30 +1030, Tim wrote:
	[snipperoo]
> I wouldn't do a yum update simultaneously on two or more boxes, though.
> I don't know how it'd take to two boxes both trying to download the same
> RPM file to the same place.

	Hmmm ... I do it all the time, every day or two, on five or six
boxes behind one router & KVM switch. I run "yum clean all," "updatedb,"
"rpm --rebuilddb," and then "yum update" whenever the previous update got
something; otherwise I just keep repeating "yum update." I get the
sequence started on one machine, then KVM-switch to the next and the
next, till all have either completed or reported nothing to do. It's
quite common for "yum update" to be running simultaneously on two -- or
several.

	(I know I don't need the updatedb and rebuilddb that often; but
it's a way of remembering not to leave them undone for months at a time.)

	Maybe I've had troubles I should've recognized as stemming from
that? Can I tell?? Or are you concerned only about them slowing one
another down?