Re: FC, Samba, and permissions problems

Gary Stainburn wrote:
I've set security to share, and then set up the following share

[reef]
        comment = Reef shared folder
        path = /user/remote/reef
        writeable = yes
        browseable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        guest only = yes
        valid users = gary
        force user = gary
<snip>
However, when I try to access it from a WinXP machine I get the following
error both on the Windows PC and the Samba logs.

[2009/02/25 10:29:40,  0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(1156)
'/user/remote/reef' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to
[reef] Error was Permission denied

Do these options not conflict?:

       guest only = yes
       valid users = gary

You are saying the only user who can connect is gary and unless you have defined your guest user as called gary (guest account = gary) then I think you are denying the connect. Try taking out the "guest only" directive and see what you get, or alternatively change your "valid users" to include the name of the guest account (nobody?).

--
Sam