Re: Remote desktop connection (F10)

Hello , I am really sorry for resubmiting. I tought, that my email was not accepted since it was written not in plain text.
Sorry again, and thank you many times for answers.

David

From: "Aldo Foot" <lunixer@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:09 PM
To: "Community assistance, encouragement,and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Remote desktop connection (F10)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM, David Hláčik <david@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello guys,

I've seen recet discussion about nomachine remote server/client.

I would like to have a remote desktop connection to my fedora 10
server, which the most effective user feeling as if I was working on
keyboard and lcd attached to server.

To compare, I am looking exactly for the same as microsoft remote
desktop connection and microsoft services terminal (mstsc).

What I like the most is XDMCP connection, which I am using a lot
currectly. But this has a big disadvantage, after I will close
connection, session is lost, and I am not able to login to current
session (loged user) again.

Please help,

many thanks

David Hlacik

Why did you resubmit the question? Not nice. Others had replied already.

Here's a piece of the puzzle;
On the Remote Desktop (the machine you want to connect to) there has to
be an application to manage incoming connections.
In F10, install the kdenetwork package, which includes the krfb binary.
To launch execute /usr/bin/krfb, or
go to Start->Applications->Internet->Remote Desktop Sharing

Consider using putty if you will connect from a wndows box.
Look into tsclient or vncviewer if coming from a linux box.

now, launch your browser a search a bit more.
~af