Re: qemu-kvm: qns regarding network and usb keyboard setup

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> You are restating what I just said as though you were disagreeing. Why is
> that?

Because you didn't understand what I was saying.

> The OP said he couldn't pass the Cntl-Alt-F2 and I told him how by going
> into the QEMU monitor

Which indeed works fine because you aren't actually pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2
(you're pressing Ctrl+Alt+2 which is a regular combo which gets passed on
to the application and entering a text command there).

> then you said the key is intercepted by X11, which sounds a LOT like "do
> pass through unless to higher level acts on them." At least to me. The
> Cntl-Alt-F2 is acted upon by a higher (X11) level.

I said that Ctrl+Alt+F2 will never reach QEMU, not because Ctrl+Alt releases
the grab (in fact, one way to get Ctrl+Alt combinations through is to press
them with the grab already released, that way Ctrl+Alt will take the grab
and the key will get registered by QEMU), but because X11 DOES NOT PASS
Ctrl+Alt+Fn THROUGH to the application.

The only way you can get any X11 application to recognize a Ctrl+Alt+Fn
combo is to disable vterm switching entirely in xorg.conf. Otherwise the
key combo gets intercepted by X11 and never passed on to applications.

        Kevin Kofler