Re: Since when doesn't Fedora use xorg.conf ?

Linuxguy123 wrote:
There are all sorts of posts associated with the "Disabling mouse taps
on Fedora 10" thread that state that Fedora 10 doesn't use an xorg.conf
file.

When did Fedora/X stop using an xorg.conf file ?

Just to clarify, Fedora has never stopped "using* xorg.conf, it has stopped *creating one by default* since FC9. There is a feeling among some users (I'm one) that system-config-display should still be loaded by default at install, so that people who have learned to use that for problem hardware will be able to do so if they have any useful display at all.

In my experience w/o xorg.conf about 30% of the ten or so systems I've installed either didn't work well or didn't work usably at all.

It certainly isn't mentioned in the F10 release notes.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10/en_US/What_is_New_for_Installation_and_Live_Images.html#X_Window_system_-_graphics

How and where are the X system settings set and held now ?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>